Thursday, October 20, 2011

Still unemployed!

So it has been three weeks since I've been home. No news. I am still unemployed!

When I got home my sister gave me $100+ cash. She also deposited about $600 in my local bank account. She said the money is my allowance until I get back on my feet. I've spent about $20 for miscellaneous expenses, like renewing my driver's license here. The rest of the time, I am a leech. I have dined out multiple times, watched a movie, bought local snacks/items I have missed and paid a total of ZERO dollars. I am starting to feel bad about it. I mean, I feel good to have been blessed with a wonderful, supportive, understanding family; but for crying out loud, I am an attorney! I can't even pay for anything and I have about $5,000 debt! (That's not counting the money my parents gave me while I was unemployed in the U.S.) Anyway...

I am going to the beach for the weekend. After the weekend, I am going to start hustling for a job. It doesn't matter that I have a job offer which I have already accepted. (I received it the day before I left the U.S.) Until I actually start working, I am not going to stop my job search. I feel useless and fat! I have probably gained 10 lbs the past 3 weeks that I've been home!

I will retire this blog once I am employed (outside of the U.S.) If I would be employed in the U.S., then this blog would officially be back in business. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Does that job offer help your chances of coming back to the US?! Well anyway, here's to hoping you're back in business!

    p.s. My original blog has returned. Took google long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The job offer is from a US firm, albeit not in NYC, but across the river. I have to go through the same immigration process, so until I'm at my desk in my new job, it's better not to stop looking for employment. We know what happened with the last job offer I received. :-(

    ReplyDelete