Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Boooored

I need a vacation. I have very little money. I am bored.

My friend said it was dumb that I was bored in NYC. She said I could just go around Manhattan and explore. Well, true, I could do that, but I want to get away from NYC. Problem is going away costs money. I have nothing budgeted for travel. Heck, I barely have enough budgeted for rent, food, etc. I have even redeemed my credit card rewards for extra money. I was thinking of going to Chicago and Milwaukee. Fly to Chicago, take the train to Milwaukee, and then from Milwaukee, fly back to NYC. If I stayed in hostels, may be I could do that trip for 6 days on about $600? Nah, the fare and hotels may cost $600, but then I also need money for food and going around Chicago and Milwaukee. Too costly.

I could may be Priceline my way to Atlantic City for two nights. I was also considering some other beach area on the Jersey Shore, but being a solo traveler, would there be something else for me to do besides being a beach bum in Long Island Beach, Asbury Park, or Cape May?

Then there's a bus trip to Maine, which cost-wise seems the most promising. It'll be a three-day budget trip, that'll probably cost me $300+.  Hmm, I need fresh air! I need money. I need money for fresh air?

Anyway, I am going to Long Island for a day trip this weekend. Sooo looking forward to the beach!

1 comment: