Saturday, September 10, 2011

Losing it

I've probably lost it, but that would mean I am beyond redemption, so in the interest of staying positive, I'd say I am still in the process. It's quarter to 5 a.m. and I am still up. My friend said it must have been the bubble tea we had after dinner (too much caffeine?) I just ate the leftover Chinese from dinner at a Shanghaianese restaurant in Chinatown earlier (technically, yesterday.) I am eating leftover Chinese at 4:30 in the morning! My circadian rhythm is screwed! I must have gone to the deep end of this unemployment situation. I can't even say with certainty that I am going to start working at the firm that offered me the job. There was an issue with my work visa petition. Sheesh. I know the process, I know how it goes...it could have been a well-crafted petition, heck I drafted my own support letter! But who knows with reviewing officers. I've handled similar cases...one gets approved no problem and the other gets denied. Seriously! I am ranting, yes. But it is freakin' 5a.m. and I am still up! Urgh! Then again, I was really sleepy around 1 a.m., but I was having a Castle marathon. Like everything else I screw up in my life, I have brought this insomnia unto myself.

Oh, for something cheerful...I bought a portable speaker the other day with the credit card reward points I recently redeemed. The speaker streams audio not only from my ipod, but also my laptop via bluetooth. Really cool! It even has a sensor for opening the ipod and CD bays with just a wave of my hand. Oh Panasonic SC-HC55, you're awesome! Too bad I can't mount you on my wall (at least not yet.) I don't want to drill holes on the wall and then have to fix it if I need to pack up and leave because my H-1B petition gets denied! Grr.

3 comments:

  1. I think you should worry more about eating leftover Chinese food 4 in the morning than your work visa petition. Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ JDA. Your comment isn't only funny and true, but somewhat comforting. How are things? What did Google do to your blog?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are the same but different day. I sent another request to restore my blog but just like most employers, I don't think they're going to respond. I've been writing on my new blog which looks like will be my permanent one.

    ReplyDelete